Sunday, May 1, 2011

Making Time

I seem to notice that when I get these 'Big Ideas' - I also lose time during the day! I just can't seem to find the right balance of work (from home), kids, and life. Life is busy enough with 4 kids, but add on to that my daughters dance and softball, school for 2 of them, making sure I get my orders completed for my business, and get ready for upcoming craft fairs, a baby that is constantly having ear infections, trying to get a house in 'selling' condition so that we can move to a bigger one, and remembering to schedule doctors appointments, snacks for preschool, homework for my oldest, the list goes on and on and on. There are times at the end of the day when I am exhausted, but can't think of ONE thing I actually accomplished that day. But I guess in the grand scheme of things, if all my kids are safe and sound with full belly's and asleep in their beds - I've done a pretty good job that day!
I would still like to do it all, just better and in a more organized way. Maybe so much so that I REMEMBER what I did that day!!
So I am asking you all for help - how do you do it?

Joy

2 comments:

  1. I have 3 children in the home, a husband, a fulltime at home mother postion, work full time out of my home for my husbands Electrical/HVAC business, do the yard work, etc... I know what you mean by being exhausted and feeling very unaccomplished. I figureed when the kids are gone what will happen then, I won't know what to do with my time, so I try and enjoy the little moments I have now! Best of luck and I am following. Check me out @ http://jenblizzard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know JUST how you feel! We have 3 girls, only the oldest in school, this year I was the PTO President so that had a lot of added responsibility. Not to mention my husband currently works 2 jobs so he is not around the house to help much. Often at the end of the day I feel the same way -- I know I ran ALL day but can't remember what I actually finished! And I never seem to be caught up on my business sewing projects...

    What I have found is that at the beginning of my day I add 1 'job to finish.' Even as small as it may be I pick that one thing that I will complete so at the end of the day when I am trying to remember what I did I will remember that ONE job that I finished. If I can get to more than one GREAT, but if not then at least I will remember that one.

    But like you already said, as long as the kids are healthy, safe and fed it was a good day!

    ReplyDelete