Monday, April 4, 2011

About Me!

I want to make this blog a place where people are comfortable sharing stories about their families, bouncing ideas off of people, and getting advice on all things parenting! I LOVE sharing stories about my family and my life - and I think it will help people connect with me on more personal level than a 'facebook page' or 'blog' So - here is all about me - I will blog about my hubby and kids on other posts!

Me - My name is Joy Clare, I was born on December 4th and I won't reveal the year!! I was born in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and am the youngest of 3. I had a wonderful childhood - loved playing outside, barbies were my favorite and I would spend hours on end riding my bike! My dad worked a full time job and my mom worked part time on the days when I was in school - but she was ALWAYS with me. She was and always will be, the most influential person in my life. My mom passed away in 1995 at the age of 47.

My dad got remarried a few years later to an awesome woman who I am close with - if I had to pick someone to be there with my dad after my mom - it would be Bev. 

I started working at a mortgage company in Customer Service. It was my first 'real' job outside of retail. I LOVED it! Met a bunch of really nice people, some of who I am still friends with - and one who I am married to! I met my husband Andy in 2002 when I was working as a Loan Officer - he got a job there and the rest is history! We had our first child in 2003, got married in 2005 had another child in 2006, one in 2008 and another one in 2010!

I am a full time stay at home mom. I WISH it was as easy as people who aren't SAHM's seem to think. My day begins about 6:30 when the baby wakes up, and goes non stop all day. Getting the oldest up and ready for school - breakfast for all of them. 3 days a week my 4year old has preschool so me and the 3 kids are back and forth there. Then there is CCD, Gym, Dance and now softball. It is a crazy busy life - but I love every second of it. Do I wish for a little more 'me' time? Sure, but that will come all too soon when the kids are all grown up.

I have always loved doing crafts, my mom was always making something so my love for it started young. I would make anything you can think of out of construction paper, puffy paint was my best friend, then there were those shirt kits that involved glue and sequins - HEAVEN!! After I had my daughter I started a scrapbook for her - and my love for that began. I started to make pre-made pages and albums and sold them at craft shows and then on ebay for a while. But the time and cost involved didn't pay much when all was said and done. So I sold all of my supplies and decided to think of something else to try. I then rolled first diaper - and it was all over from there! I really love making diaper cakes! I started making some small ones and the they just got bigger - and the designs and ideas grew from there. I started selling them on ebay, then I found Etsy and began selling through there. My business has grown so much in the little over a year that I have been doing it and I am so greatful for it! I started my facebook fan page and have been networking through there. I have met some wonderful people through facebook and my business, people that I know will be friends for life! I enjoy so much what I do, the flexibility of being home with my children while making money doing something I love!

I hope you all feel like you know me a little better - feel free to ask any questions you may have about me!

Joy

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Joy! It's so nice to put a "story" behind the name! Nice to meet you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice upbeat post! Nice to hear a bit about you, you must have your hands full with all those babies!!

    ReplyDelete